海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: How are you, Grandpa?
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 How are you, Grandpa?   
阿修罗
[博客]
[个人文集]

头衔: 海归准将

头衔: 海归准将
声望: 博导
性别: 性别:女年龄: 44
加入时间: 2006/05/07
文章: 996
来自: Venus
海归分: 170826

文章标题: How are you, Grandpa? (1145 reads)      时间: 2008-11-01 周六, 12:56

作者:阿修罗海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

To cherish the memory of my beloved grandpa in heaven at the holiday season.
Preface:"How are you, Grandpa?" was always the first sentence I used to talk to him.

Throughout the years, the dynamics of my family seems sort of like plate tectonics. I've watched different groups of us split and drift away. Over one century, the whole family suffered through all historical movements, faded away, and fell apart. Instead of seas and mountains separating family members, history divided us. I guess, like many other families, such strife runs through generations.

No doubt about that my father is the greatest father to me and a wonderful husband to my mother. While, there is a very special place deep in heart for my dearest grandpa. My memories about him always link to unconditional love, warmth and gentleness. Moreover, understanding, patience, kindness and forgiveness. Since I was a very rebellious teenager, grandpa so often encouraged me and showered me with his wisdom. He taught me through his life example how to weather life's hardships, upbeat but never giddy, sunny without being blinding. Whenever I had a delusion or confusion about life, I just gave him a ring.

I still vividly remember our conversations "Sweetheart, life is more art than engineering. For life is a dance of luck and intent, every successful person will get thrown back against a wall and need to come back stronger." "Darling, for a girl the most important things are not men and precious possession but yourself: confidence, independence, strong, self-esteem, self-reflection. You get to put your two feet on the ground and live your own life...."" Darling, being brilliant one isn't easy life, since you always have to carry more burden than your peers.No matter how successful or wealthy you will be one day, remember never lose your empathy and respect to others. Otherwise, you won't enjoy your life ... " Honey, it is kind of beyond my knowledge and experience, grandpa can't give your any advice. It is your call. Remember there is no fear and angles will guard you.".......................

Since grandpa was diagnosed final stage cancer, I visited him whenever I had a chance. Until one day he had to lie on the hospital bed, he refused my visit. " Sweetheart, we have shared the most memorable time together. Here isn't the right place you should be. I need rest alone. Please don't visit me anyone and live your life." It is his heroic personality and he doesn't want to show me, his deeply loved granddaughter, the sorrow and sufferings. Due to understanding him so deeply and thoroughly,I smiled and gave him the last hug and said " Take care, grandpa." It was my last time seeing him.

Years past, I never feel alone since grandpa in my heart eternally. There is always a place belong to his deep in my heart. Gosh, I miss him. Ironically, father rarely mentioned grandpa. The only one I can talk about grandpa is my uncle who also misses grandpa terribly. I know that those family divisions are not what my grandpa wants. The day he left for heaven, he whispered by my ears, "Sweetheart, reunite a world whenever there is a divided one. I know you can do it."

P.S. Happy Halloween!
Love

作者:阿修罗海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

上一次由阿修罗于2008-11-01 周六, 13:19修改,总共修改了1次

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 阿修罗离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.